Many companies understand the value of a company blog–it’s a great way to educate and inform your audience, as well as build relationships with your customers. It’s also a key part of your SEO strategy. But HOW TO GET STARTED?????
1) Brainstorm: Think about your customers. What do they want to know? There’s a lot you can share with them–new hires, new products, industry news. But go beyond that. Think about who your customers follow. Who they like to read. Partner with local businesses and community organizations. Do. Something. Different.
2) Plan: This is where an editorial calendar comes in. Even if you’re more of a fly-by-the-seat of your pants writer, you’ll need a calendar to be aware of what’s going on in your business and be able to anticipate what you should be talking about. Otherwise, you’ll still have your “summer fun” posts up when Santa Claus is coming to town.
3) Start: Write 5-10 articles so you can get in the flow and actually see how long it will take you to do that. Then divide that time by 4 and you’ll know how much time you’ll need to devote to your blog on a weekly basis. Remember, posting 1-2 times/week is ideal. If you really want to start with a bang, commit to 30 articles in 30 days.
4) Lather, rinse, repeat: Commit to blog writing and follow your editorial calendar. A good goal is to update your blog 1-2/x a week, and make sure you’re pushing that content out on social media. Keep it up and you’ll have a healthy, successful company blog!
5) Give up and hire us so we can help you create a kickass company blog. (just kidding, but not really) Listen, you are great at what you do. You have an awesome business. But if you hate to write, or you can’t write, you can write but you just don’t have time, that’s what we’re here for. Seriously. Contact us and we’ll get this all done for you so you can keep running your business the way you do now. Except you’ll also have a company blog to tell everyone about it.